What are uterine fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are growth in or on the uterus, but these are not cancer. Fibroids can grow inside the uterus, on the uterus muscle wall, or the uterus surface. With the increase in growth, the shape will change. In case, you are trying to conceive it can make it difficult to do. If you are diagnosed with this condition, then the doctor can suggest you get uterine fibroids surgery in Vizag.
With time, its location, shape, size, and symptoms will change. With the increase in age, the chances of women getting this condition increases. Although its symptoms are mild or you might not notice anything. However, it can result in bleeding, pain, and other issues. One of the possible reasons for this condition is progesterone and estrogen which will make them grow.
When do you need to get treatment for uterine fibroids?
• You have trouble getting pregnant.
• Anemia from heavy fibroid bleeding. Severe back pain or lower belly has excess pressure.
• The problem when you are trying to conceive such as preterm labor or miscarriage.
• Problem with the bowel movement or urinary tract.
• Infection if a tissue of a large fibroid dies.
What is the surgical approach to take out the fibroids?
The doctor will suggest you get a myomectomy to take the fibroids out. This helps to reduce pain and other symptoms which you might have. The surgery will be done:
• Through the vagina and into the uterus through a lighted scope.
• Through a large cut in the belly.
• Through several small cuts in the belly using a lighted scope. This is referred to as laparoscopy.
How well myomectomy works?
Taking out the fibroids decreases menstrual bleeding and pelvic pain from fibroids. Through this, the chances to conceive are improved.
The chance that fibroids can come back
Fibroids will tend to grow back unless the uterus can be taken out. The new fibroids can grow. In 50% of the cases, the fibroids will grow again. Well, this
Fibroids tend to grow back unless you have your uterus taken out. New fibroids also can grow. Fibroids return in up to half of the women who have surgery to take out just the fibroids. They are more likely to come back if you have many fibroids.
What do you need to know about the surgery?
Hysterectomy is the surgical approach that helps the uterus to be taken out. Although, the surgery is not given the first preference as undergoing it will make it difficult for you to conceive. If you undergo the surgery, there your monthly period cycle is affected. During the surgery, the fallopian tubes and ovaries are taken out. Although, the symptoms you are having are treated.
How well hysterectomy works?
• Relieves pain
• Stops anemia from heavy and irregular vaginal bleeding.
• Solve the issue of urine leakage due to fibroids.
If you are diagnosed with fibroids, then you should talk to the doctor and get an insight about the surgery & what treatment plan you need to get.