Of all conditions that can cause infertility, uterine prolapse is the condition which makes your pelvic organs especially the uterus bulges out of the vagina. This condition can get life intimidating if it is not cured at earliest. Some people are even unknown about the existence of this problem. So it is devised whenever you experience extreme pelvic pain , do not always take it as the one which has come to origin owing to the bloating problems. Do consult with the experienced doctors of the VJS healthcare clinic who would help you out with the effective Uterine Prolapse treatment in Vizag. In the ensuing information, we shall be getting to know about the keyhole surgery to treat the uterine prolapse.
How should I get prepared for the surgical procedure?
• You may be asked not to eat anything for absolutely 8 to 12 hours before taking up the procedure.
• You should not be taking any kind of blood thinning or pain relieving medication one week or even more than that before the procedure.
• If you do smoke or consume alcohol, just get yourself off from it for 10 to 15 days before and after the procedure.
How is the laparoscopy performed?
This procedure usually takes 35 to 65 minutes to complete. This is a very simple procedure in which your abdominal cavity is expanded with the help of the carbon dioxide gas which is passed through the incision made near the belly button. The incision is small always and because of that the procedure has got its name as the key hole surgery.
Why is carbon dioxide used in the laparoscopy?
Carbon dioxide helps to blow up the abdominal cavity which gives the surgeon a thorough and clear view of the pelvic and abdominal organs.
How does laparoscopy help in treating the condition of the uterine prolapse?
When the uterus becomes expanded more than normal, then keeping it in the body becomes a source of tension because it can affect oyster organs as well. So laparoscopy aims at surgical termination of the uterus through the incision. After successfully eliminating the uterus, the incision is sutured.
What is to be expected during the recovery phase?
When the surgical procedure is successfully performed, then based on your medical condition either you can go home the same day or the following day.
• You may experience little bloating or cramping because of the use of carbon dioxide gas.
• Soon after you come in your senses, you may feel nauseated because of the effect of the anesthesia.
• At the time of discharge, you will be given some of the instructions about how to clean your wounds and deal with your stitches.
• No doubt, for some days, the stitches may give a little discomfort.
For how long does it take to get back to the routine activities after undergoing the procedure?
The duration of recovery quintessentially varies in different cases. For the minor surgeries, usually within a period of 5 days, the person is able to perform all the normal tasks. In the surgeries which aimed at largest elimination can take up to 12 weeks to get back to normal life.
For getting the economical and result-oriented treatment, please visit VJS health care. The latest technology and the proficient doctor aim at rehabilitating the proper health and boosting of the immune system all over again.