What is meant by infertility?
Female Infertility Treatment in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh Infertility is the ineptitude to conceive naturally despite unprotected intercourse. Infertility prevalence in India is around 25%. Both men and women are likely to experience infertility.
- 1/3rd of the cases – Male infertility
- 1/3rd of the cases – Female infertility
- The rest of them are a combination of male and female infertility
- Around 20% of cases – Unexplained infertility
At VJs health care, the patients are put forward with the improved and latest Female infertility treatment in Vizag.
What are the reasons behind female infertility?
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tube Poor fallopian tubes affect fertility in around 25% of couples. In most cases, the surgery is recommended which includes laser and microsurgery. Some of the major reasons behind tubal damage or blockage are:
- Infection Infection is caused by viruses and bacteria transmitted through intercourse. It leads to damage and scarring.
- Ectopic pregnancy An ectopic pregnancy occurs in the tube which affects the fallopian tube and it is a life-threatening problem
- Abdominal diseases The most common causes are colitis and appendicitis which result in inflammation and lead to fallopian blockage.
- Ovulatory problem – hormonal imbalanceOvulation disorder can result in 30% of cases of female infertility. Around 70% of the cases are treatable. Some of its causes are mentioned below:
- Hormonal issue Ovulation occurs due to the hormonal balance and any disruption with the same will impede ovulation. It can happen due to the following reasons:
- Non-fulfillment to produce mature & healthy eggs
- Malfunction of the hypothalamus
- Premature menopause
- Cervical problem Cervical problems occur in a small group of women when sperm entry is difficult in the cervical canal. It is triggered due to past cervical surgery or abnormal mucus production.
- Uterine causes Abnormality of the uterus can create problems. In that case, the presence of fibroids and polyps create a hindrance.
- Endometriosis Endometriosis triggers infertility in 10% of the couples. It is the problem linked to excessive growth on the uterus lining and it occurs on other parts where it is not supposed to grow. Some of the symptoms in this condition are:
- Long menstrual cycle
- Urinary urgency
- Rectal bleeding
- Heavy menstrual cycle
- Premenstrual spotting
In some cases, menstruation occurs before normal age. The problem is likely to trigger in women with increased body weight and extensive exercise. Genetics can play a role in this.
Apart from this scarred ovaries or follicles issue can create problems with the ovulation functioning.